Are you interested in a career in the motor industry?
The Turnbulls Gippsland Group is a large family owned and run business, and has been proudly serving Gippsland for over 50 years.
Incorporating Toyota franchises in Sale and Yarram, and a dedicated used car dealership in Traralgon, we are always on the lookout for self-motivated people with the passion to be successful.
We value our team members and require them to share our philosophy of providing our guests with not only quality vehicles, but also an after sales service that develops long-standing guest relationships.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in automotive, please get in touch with Turnbull Toyota now!
Qualified Mechanic / Service Technician - Turnbull Toyota Yarram
We currently have a vacancy at our Yarram Dealership for a Qualified Mechanic / Service Technician to join our friendly team.
Purpose / Main Area of Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong fault finding & repair skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Providing expert advice in relation to the current mechanical condition of vehicles.
- Taking all necessary steps to diagnose to ensure the correct operation of vehicles sold under dealer warranty including the dismantling and reconstruction or replacement of faulty components.
- Repairing the mechanical parts of the motor vehicles, such as the engine, transmission and the suspension systems on predominantly Toyota vehicles.
- Reporting all necessary work, service or repairs to service manager and record using in-house database reporting systems.
- Ordering parts needed as part of warranty service.
- Providing guidance and training to apprentice service technicians.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of all mechanical issues and changes relation to dealer product range.
- Maintaining a safe working environment through ensuring the correct operation of all tools and specialised equipment.
- Ensuring the safe work practices of all apprentice staff.
- Test driving and conducting final assessments prior to the delivery or return of vehicles to guests.
- Demonstrate behaviours that align with company policies and organisational values.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience as a Technician:
- Must possess industry level certification to operation as a Motor Vehicle Mechanic in relevant state, territory or jurisdiction.
- Developed knowledge of the automotive industry.
- Ability to work productively in an autonomous environment.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task where required.
- Ability to contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Guest service focused.
- A friendly and approachable personality.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Technical aptitude.
- Post trade experience in a similar role.
- Additional qualifications in the automotive / mechanical field.
- Additional licences would be an advantage (air conditioning, roadworthy, etc).
- Toyota experience.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated based on experience.
The successful applicant will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a current National Police Check, at their own expense.
Must also be a permanent Australian resident.
If you feel you have the skills & attributes to be an integral part of our team, please apply now with your current resume, cover letter and the contact details of 2 referees to:
303 York Street
Sale VIC 3850
Applications Close: Please apply now as we are interviewing for immediate start.